Monday, January 7, 2008

THE ADVISER's GENUINE PUSH


During one of my speaking engagements, a Professional from the crowd asked me: Doc, How do you keep your national organization going around the obstacle circle and train the leaders well?

I emotionally answered…

I always look for many opportunities to challenge people because many of them have innate potentials. All are working voluntarily and that means something to me. All I need is to light the dynamite fuse to unleash their powers from the inside.

One of my greatest responsibilities as leader of the Advisers and Student Leaders is to facilitate and enable them to be what they can be. Many times the PUSH of motivation is all they need. Upon their action, it really means something to me. A memory worth a thousand folds to cherish.

I can only offer these young and professional leaders my gift of PUSH signifying my supreme and genuine act of love to them. I am just like an eagle with offspring; one by one I need to push them from sky to fly where the thrill of soaring have to begin with the fear of dropping or falling.

Despite my fears, I know it is always the time for them and it is always my Adviser’s mission to complete the final duty to PUSH. Just like Mansoc Leaders now.. Jerry, 2 Mikes, JM, Bianca, Jeanica, Jessica, Karen, Julie, Rye, Lisa, Richelle, and their Advisers, and other leaders I inadvertently missed mentioning… Not until they realized that as an eagle, they need to draw courage from an innate knowledge and only from the chance of learning to soar after the PUSH can only show the privilege of having born an eagle…..

Human nature dictates people to take the path of slightest resistance. People usually are eager to reach their full potential but they don’t always have the initiative to get started on their own. That’s why, we the Advisers are created by our dear Lord.

Guys if you can’t still unleash your full potential, permit MANSOC to PUSH you….. it is our MISSION and PRIVILEGE to do so….